How To Hack Wifi Password Using Kali Linux? Today in this tutorial we’re going to discuss “how to hack wifi password using Kali Linux”. I generally use the Bruteforce attack to crack Wi-Fi password. In this attack, we make a monitor mode in the air by some commands that capture Wi-Fi password in the hash form.
- My beginner’s Wi-Fi hacking guide also gives more information on this. The weakness in the WPA2-PSK system is that the encrypted password is shared in what is known as the 4-way handshake. When a client authenticates to the access point (AP), the client and the AP go through a 4-step process to authenticate the user to the AP.
- Crack the password using the dump What makes the retrieval of the handshake hard is that it appears only when somebody connects to the access point. The good news is that you can deauthentificate people from the wifi network - it’s called wifi jamming and it’s useful to impress a girl and piss off people at Starbucks.
- Guys in this tutorial I am going to show you how to get password of saved wifi iilike my video stay updated by subscribing this.
- To hack the wifi password with WEP/WPA2. This is done by following command on the terminal. This will trigger the router to reconnect/reauthenticate the chosen client. This is how the authentication process can be analyzed. On the terminal with airodump- ng running, a 'WPA handshake' message should appear.
After the long holiday, first I want to say Merry Christmas and Happy new year 2014 to you. Today we will learn about 5 Steps Wifi Hacking – Cracking WPA2 Password. A lot of readers send many request regarding how to crack wireless WPA2 password in our request tutorial page.
According to Wikipedia :
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) are two security protocols and security certification programs developed by the Wi-Fi Alliance to secure wireless computer networks. The Alliance defined these in response to serious weaknesses researchers had found in the previous system, WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
A flaw in a feature added to Wi-Fi, called Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), allows WPA and WPA2 security to be bypassed and effectively broken in many situations. Many access point they have a Wifi Protected Setup enabled by default (even after we hard reset the access point).
1. Wireless card (support promiscuous mode)
In this tutorial I use ALFA AWUS036H from Amazon.
2. Access point with WPA2 and WPS enables
5 Steps Wifi Hacking – Cracking WPA2 Password:
1. Open our terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and type airmon-ng (view tips and tricks how to create keyboard shortcut on kali linux)
this command will lists our wireless card that attached with our system.
2. The next step we need to stop our wireless monitor mode by running airmon-ng stop wlan0
3. Now we ready to capture the wireless traffic around us. By running airodump-ng wlan0 our wireless interface will start capturing the data.
From the picture above, we can see many available access point with all the information. In the green box is our victim access point which is my own access point 🙂
BSSID (Basic Service Set Identification): the MAC address of access point
PWR: Signal level reported by the card.
Beacons: Number of announcements packets sent by the AP
#Data: Number of captured data packets (if WEP, unique IV count), including data broadcast packets.
#/s: Number of data packets per second measure over the last 10 seconds.
CH: Channel number (taken from beacon packets).
MB: Maximum speed supported by the AP. If MB = 11, it’s 802.11b, if MB = 22 it’s 802.11b+ and higher rates are 802.11g.
ENC: Encryption algorithm in use.
CIPHER: The cipher detected. TKIP is typically used with WPA and CCMP is typically used with WPA2.
AUTH: The authentication protocol used.
ESSID: Shows the wireless network name. The so-called “SSID”, which can be empty if SSID hiding is activated.
4. From the step 3 above, we can find access point with encryption algorithm WPA2 and note the AP channel number. Now we will find out whether target AP has WPS enabled or not.
wash -i wlan0 -c 8 -C -s
if the WPS Locked status is No, then we ready to crack and move to step 5.
5. The last step is cracking the WPA2 password using reaver.
reaver -i <your_interface> -b <wi-fi victim MAC address> –fail-wait=360
Because we already get the information from step 3 above, so my command look like this:
reaver -i wlan0 -b E0:05:C5:5A:26:94 –fail-wait=360
it took about 5 hours to crack 19 characters WPA2 password (vishnuvalentino.com) from my Kali virtualBox, but it depend with our hardware and wireless card.
1. WPA and WPA2 security implemented without using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature are unaffected by the security vulnerability.
2. To prevent this attack, just turn off our WPS/QSS feature on our access point. See picture below (I only have the Chinese version 😛 )
Notes: Only practice this tutorial on your own lab and your own device. Hacking can be a crime if you don’t know where to put it.
Show Wifi Password Mac
Share this article if you found it was useful:
Hack Any Wifi Password Free
Blogger at hacking-tutorial.com.
How To Hack Wifi Password On Mac Using Terminal 2019
See all posts by v4L Visit Website : http://www.vishnuvalentino.com