- PDFelement Pro-Clean and Powerful PDF Editor. Is one of the best programs for all solutions to edit PDF files on Mac. You can edit, add, modify, and delete texts, graphics, and images in PDF format with this tool. You can also convert your PDF files to Word, Excel, EPUB, Images, and more formats.
- Free and open source software under GPLv3. Multi-platform: runs on Windows, Linux and Mac. Full Unicode support: everything you see in Sigil is in UTF-16. Full EPUB spec support. WYSIWYG editing. Multiple Views: Book View, Code View and Split View. Metadata editor with full support for all possible metadata entries (more than 200.
- Scrivener: Best eBook creator overall. Scrivener, from Literature and Latte, is a writing platform.
- Sigil is a free, open source, multi-platform ebook editor that uses Qt (and QtWebEngine). It is designed to edit books in ePub format (both ePub 2 and ePub 3). Google Chrome for Mac 94.0.4606.
EPubMetadataEditor by Ben Chenoweth is a piece of software that gives you the possibility to edit the metadata of your EPUB eBook files. Even though EPubMetadataEditor for Mac available for download, you can use one of the alternative epub metadata editors for Mac. Here is a list of apps that can be used to replace EPubMetadataEditor for Mac.
Ebook Editor For Mac Os
Much like with publishing an actual book with paper pages, the writing process is one part of many. And when the writing ends, the editing begins. Anyone who knows anything about writing knows that you never write just one draft; any writer should know that whatever he writes will have to go through several rewrites and edits before it’s finally ready for release. And as with actual books, e-books are much the same.
E-book editing is at least as complicated as editing hard copies, perhaps more so because of the issue of formats. Different devices can access different formats, perhaps necessitating the use of EBook Converter Software. That kind of software would be necessary for formatting any e-book for use across different devices, to say nothing of making sure that the book has been formatted in such a way as to be easily readable.
Scriba eBook Maker
Best Pdf Editors For Mac
What to Look For
In order to make the editing process easier, it may be necessary to have eBook Library Softwarein order to read what you are editing. It would certainly help if you could see the book as your readers will. To that end, there are a number of features an editor should keep an eye out for in an editing program.
- Many editing and writing programs allow the writer/editor to write or edit whatever is needed with few complications. The simpler the interface can be, the easier the process of making an e-book.
- This also includes requiring little, if any, in the way of background software. If the book can be written and edited with as little fuss as possible, so much the better.
- It helps an editor if he has the option to preview what the finished book will look like, as with Microsoft Word for example. It can only help if the editor can see how the finished book will look like, mistakes and all. That way, any mistakes, especially in formatting, can be seen and addressed right away.
- Many of these programs have features to make writing and editing less difficult, such as having features that make it easier to edit and rewrite the book. Some programs allow writers to add elements to the book, such as table of contents, biography, etc.
Calibre for Windows
Jutoh for Mac OS X
ePub Tags Editor For Android
exe-eBook Creator – Most Popular Software
For the benefit of users with different devices, many of these programs can work on different operating systems, such as Apple OS. Some people who use their smartphones regularly might need programs likeeBook Reader for Androidin order to edit on their smartphones.
Editing e-books might be as complicated as editing anything, but there are tools available that make the task easier. If one is in a position to write an e-book in the first place, then he very likely already has much of what he needs to edit it, himself if need be. And not having a computer is no issue either. In the past, one might have needed a computer to perform more complex tasks, but in recent years, tablets and smartphones have become increasingly advanced, enough that people can use them for their work. So don’t worry, everything you need to edit e-books is in arm’s reach, if you know where to look.
The figure of users reading e-books, books in electronic edition, has been continuing the upward trend in the e-market in recent years. Since the PDF format developed by Adobe, which used to be the most widely used e-book file format, cannot adapt the contents to displays of different sizes, ePub, a new open and free e-book standard that provides automatic content arranging according to the display devices for optimized reading, has emerged to offer a key to such a problem. As a well-recognized e-book format, ePub supports changing the font, dynamically altering the text layouts, embedding images, is attached with complete book information, and uses the CSS typography.
EPub files internally utilize XHTML (a more strict type of HTML, HyperText Markup Language) or DTBook (an XML, Extensible Markup Language, standard) to show the texts, and pack up the file contents with the Zip compressing format. As a result, anyone can make such files, and because the contents are based on XHTML, anyone can read them as well. In addition to reading, some of you may also want to edit the ePub books on your devices. I heard an online friend who used to work in the traditional publication industry now attempts to learn about every step of the process of e-publication from selecting the font and colors of the words and the background, adding numbers to the pages, and setting different formats to appending notes and references to the books. Besides what’s mentioned above, you may feel like adding videos or audio files to your ePub books to make them more vivid, exciting and appealing.
The ePub standard itself can cause some trouble for creating and editing e-books, as HTML is designed for web browsing, while e-books possess some certain features, such as pagination and have more accurate layouts. So as to well edit ePub books, you need a powerful third-party tool which makes such editing as easy as editing your Word files. Coolmuster SignPub (for Windows 8/7/XP/Vista) or Coolmuster SignPub for Mac (Mac OS X 10.8 or later) is such a multifunctional piece of software that offers a one-stop solution to your editing needs of ePub books. Providing a user-friendly interface and supporting different operating systems, such as Windows, Linux and Mac, this useful editor developed specially for e-book users has a cornucopia of functions, including converting different formats for reading, automatically generating multi-level table of contents in line with the book titles, editing or adding electronic texts, pictures, photos, videos or audio files, offering various e-book viewers, book management, importing of texts of different formats, as well as publishing e-books.
Download the free trial version of the ePub editing software on your computer. Then, follow the steps as below to learn how to edit ePub eBooks or files directly on your computer.
Ebook Editor Epub
Step-by-step Guide on How to Edit ePub Files/eBooks on PC
Step 1. Open ePub eBooks/Files
Ebook Editor For Mac Software
Here, we set the Windows version as an example. First of all, download and install the program on your PC. Launch it and you will see its clear and user-friendly interface showing like below. Directly click the 'Open File' option to locate and open the ePub eBooks you want to edit.
Step 2. Make Editings as Need
Once loaded the ePub eBooks, all book information like name, author, pages, etc. will be shown clearly. You can then choose all kinds of editing tools from the tool bar to add text, insert images, check spellings, and enjoy more ePub editing functions in this program. Just edit the ePub files as your needs.
Step 3. Save ePub Editing
After all the necessary editings, you can then click Save or Save as option to confirm the editing you've made for the ePub files. There will be an output choosing dialog pops up, asking you where you want to save the edited ePub eBooks. Just specify an output folder from your computer and the software will put the newly created eBooks here.
Trying to make, edit or issue ePub books? Coolmuster ePub Editor will be the best choice to assist you in creating exceedingly beautifully-designed layouts with utter ease!