˛ In QuickBooks 2011 for Mac,2 choose File Open Company, select the.qbb ﬁle and click Open. For more information, see the QuickBooks in-product Help. 2 Intuit QuickBooks 2011 for Mac can convert ﬁles from Intuit QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Premier Accountant Edition 2009–2011 for Windows (U.S. Versions, one way: Windows to Mac). Convert Quickbooks For Mac To Windows Fastrak Install QuickBooks accounting software is offered as QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) or QuickBooks Online. Both variants import the QBO format as a common format, and each of them imports their set of formats.
Let’s face it. Every computer in the whole world is not a Mac. There may be a time when you will need to use your QuickBooks company file on a Windows computer. For example, maybe you need to send your company file to your accountant who uses a Windows machine. The good news is that QuickBooks for Mac makes this potentially frustrating process easy. QuickBooks for Mac allows you to simply save your Mac file as a Windows file to use with QuickBooks for Windows.
Here are simple step by step instructions on how to make the conversion:
On the Mac
- In QuickBooks for Mac, open the company file that you would like to convert to a Windows file.
- Choose File > Back Up to QuickBooks for Windows.
- Choose the name of the file you want to convert and click Save.
- On the Enter Password window, enter a password for the file. Or, if you do not want to password protect the file, just leave the fields blank.
- Click OK. QuickBooks will then create a .qbb file. You can then click “Show File in Finder” to locate the file on your Mac. QuickBooks also creates an instruction PDF file in the same location and with the same name as your .qbb file.
- Send both the .qbb file and the Instruction PDF file to the Windows user using iCloud, CD, or USB drive or some other media. (Most Macs read and write data to and from PC-formatted media.)
On the Windows computer
- In QuickBooks for Windows, choose File > Open or Restore Company and follow the onscreen prompts.
- When asked to update the file, mark the checkbox and click Update Now.
- Review the file and make any changes that are necessary .
Once you complete these few simple steps you will be good to go.
The method of converting a QuickBooks Desktop for Mac files to a QuickBooks Desktop for Windows or vice versa is identified as Round Tripping. Since QuickBooks for Windows and QuickBooks for Mac use various types of databases and the Accountant’s copy is not ready in Mac so it becomes very important to convert company files from Mac to Windows and vice-versa. Here in this article, we are going discuss to Convert a File from QuickBooks for Mac to QuickBooks for Windows.
Convert QuickBooks File from Mac to Windows
Quickbooks Desktop For Mac
Prepare The Company File
First of all, obey the below moves to prepare the company file:
- Update QuickBooks Desktop For Mac to the latest version.
- Now copy the company file to the desktop.
- Verify for any special characters in the file name and company name as %^&*[email protected]#$ then rename the file and clear the unique characters.
- Choose QuickBooks > Select > My Company to discover the company name.
- Next, initiate the file in QuickBooks and clear all recorded transactions and recorded reports.
- Rebuild the company file
- Select File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Now Continue the Custom Transaction Detail Report and replace the date field with All and allowing the Memo column:
- Select Reports > Custom Transaction Detail Report.
- From Modify Report window, Select All from the date drop-down.
- Choose Memo from the columns drop-down.
- Select OK to run the report.
- If any memo has more than 50 words or special characters then remove them. If these, memos are important then you can rename them.
- Rebuild the file again.
Change Mac Company File To A Windows Company File
You need to treat the following actions to Convert QuickBooks files from Mac to Windows:
- Open your Company File in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Select File >Utilities > Export > To QuickBooks for Windows.
- Give a name to the file and select Save to keep it on your desktop.
- Take a backup of the file.
- Shift the file (.QBB extension) to the Windows computer.
- Open QuickBooks for Windows.
- Tick File and then select Open or Restore Company.
- Next, choose to Restore a backup copy and Select Next.
- Select the Local backup and click Next.
- From the backup copy, window browse and select the.QBB file that came from the Mac user and click Open.
- When prompted to convert the file then type Yes and then click OK.
Converting the Corresponding File back to QuickBooks for Mac
You are expected to obey the below moves to convert the same file back to QuickBooks for Mac:
- Open the company file in QuickBooks for Windows.
- Navigate to File > Utilities > Copy Company File for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Save the company file. (For ease, you can save it on your desktop)
- Next Transfer the file (with the .MAC.QBB extension) to the Mac system.
- Open QuickBooks for Mac.
- Select File > Restore > From a Disk.
- Select the file and click Open
- Select OK when advised to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Type a name for the restored file.
- Click Save.
Quickbooks Mac To Pc
Follow the Steps Carefully or Contact Our Proadvisors
Quickbooks For Mac 2021
All QuickBooks problems will be fixed in a quick period. We have a team of experts who have many years of experience in resolving such types of errors. Our QuickBooks Customer Support helpline is open round the clock to provide uninterrupted assistance. As an option, you can also ask for assistance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support.