Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are the best ways to create amazing work. Templates and design tools make it easy to get started. You can even add illustrations and notations using Apple Pencil on your iPad. And with real‑time collaboration, your team can work together, whether they’re on Mac. Oct 06, 2014 Office 365 is tied to the desktop version of Microsoft Visio which isn't available for Mac. However, if you were to install and run Windows on your Mac in a partition, you could then use Office 365 on a Mac. I tried this workaround though and found it was very laggy and made using the Mac very slow at times. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Microsoft Office Visio and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to Microsoft Office Visio. Use Visio on a Mac While Microsoft doesn't have a desktop version of Visio for macOS, you can still work on Visio files on a Mac in your web browser. Visio for the web.
Visio or SmartDraw like apps not available for Mac. But there are some good alternatives to Microsoft Visio available for Mac OS X.
Microsoft released Visio for Windows only. Its not available for Mac. But you can run Visio in Mac using Parallel Desktop software or BootCamp Windows. In this guide we look at Visio and solidWorks alternatives.
If you are a student or general user, check free alternative to Visio for Mac.
Visio alternatives for Mac
Now no Apple Mac version of Visio available. But you can use some serious and professional alternatives to Visio on Mac. Ex : Lucidchart, ConceptDraw Pro and Omnigraffle.
Lucidchart for Mac (Online Visio reader & Editor)- Free version for single user, 14 day trial, Monthly plans.
Lucidchart is a browser based Visio editor and reader. So you can use this app in any operating systems like Mac, Windows or Linux. Its also offer free Google Chrome plugin for Lucidchart. So you can even work Lucidchart without internet connection.
Apple Office Visio For Mac FreeAdvantages:-
- Its integrated with Microsoft Office 2013 (JIRA and Confluence plugins) and Google Drive.
- Also check free LucidChart iOS mobile app which allow you to edit diagrams.
- Free version (for Single user) only offer 60 objects per document and 25MB storage. its also allow you to import Visio VSD and VDX file.
- You need paid version to export Visio format. Its not support .vst, .vtx templates.
Sketch for Mac ($99.99)
If you want to use vector graphics editing with good measure like Visio, then Sketch is best on for you.
- Sketch app is lightweight compared to ConceptDraw, Lucidchart and OmniGraffle. Its tools and workspace is like illustrator and Visio.
- It have both vector graphic and Raster graphic tools.
ConceptDraw Pro ($199)
Desktop based CAD environment software. Its available in 2 versions. Only purchase Pro version if you need to export to Visio format. It have lot of templates for engineering, landscaping, science, management etc.
- You can use ConceptDraw in both Windows PC and Mac with one license.
- You can edit and export ConceptDraw file to MS Project, MS Word and Evernote.
Apple Office Visio For Mac Download
- ConceptDraw is quite hard to learn and its really expensive.
Visio For Mac Free
OmniGraffle Pro (Mac Version – $99 & iPad version $49.99)
one of the best Visio alternatives for Mac. It open all Visio formats like .vsd, .vss, .vst files. Pro version allow you to import and export Visio files.
Appstore download is same for Omigraffle standard and Pro version. You need to unlock when you purchase a pro license via OmniGraffle Menu -> In-app purchase.
- Its really easier than to use ConceptDraw.
Visio For Macs
If you knew any other Visio alternatives, inform us via comment.